Why take Zumba Classes?
“Why Zumba is a great alternative to traditional fitness programs:
- It’s fun. The more you enjoy your exercise routine, the more likely you are to stick with it. Many people say they have so much fun dancing that they forget they are actually exercising.
- Great for weight loss. Zumba is a powerful exercise with a 600 to 1,000-calorie burn in just an hour.
- Tones your entire body. You may feel sore in places you never knew existed, but it gets results. Zumba targets lots of different muscle groups at once for total body toning.
- Boosts your heart health. You not only get aerobic benefits (it really gets your heart rate up), you also get anaerobic benefits – the kind that help you maintain a good cardiovascular respiratory system.
- Helps you de-stress. Turning your attention to dance, and away from the daily grind, is a great way to relieve stress. Studies show that exercise is very effective at reducing fatigue, improving alertness and concentration, and enhancing overall cognitive function.
- Improves coordination. In Zumba, your arms and legs are generally moving in different directions so it requires a good deal of coordination. Repeated practice improves coordination and helps you feel more comfortable moving your body.
- Makes you happy. Every time you exercise, you release endorphins, which trigger positive feelings throughout the body. ”
by PIEDMONT HEALTH CENTER
GRAFF LAB provides art, theater, film, music, sport and dance workshops opportunities for all ages. Our experienced instructors and committed community partners offer guidance and open studios for a variety of mediums and skill levels. In addition, we collaborate with renowned local arts organizations for programs, special events, and performances. We organized events where participants get to show their skill, knowledge and talent to the local and large community. All workshops support creativity, collaboration and a sense of family.
Our workshops teach people how to express themselves, and they can also be a tool through which people with disabilities can communicate. Many students suffer from shyness when they start attending classes and gradually become more confident as they find ways to express. In addition to teaching self-expression, our workshops help our community as a whole in self-knowledge and understanding. Students also find long lasting friends, as well as the parents.
Our workshops provide a place for exploration and creativity. We believe our studio and facilities at GRAFF LAB are vital for a healthy neighborhood. We nurture and encourage all members in our community to participate.
How to get started
Complete Intake Form
This form is to enroll in general to The Graff Lab and it is very important for our records
Wait for us to contact you
We will contact you via phone or email and validate your confirmation and acceptance to the workshops
Attend the class
After the completion of previous steps, when contacted you’ll receive instructions on how to attend class.